George John Hanson

George John Hanson was scheduled for execution by the State of Oklahoma on June 12, 2025.

(KTEN) òòò½ÊÓƵ” The execution date for convicted killer George John Hanson has been set for June 12.

He will be put to death by lethal injection at the Oklahoma State Penitentiary in McAlester for the murder of a 77-year-old woman more than a quarter of a century ago.

In 1999 Hanson and an accomplice allegedly kidnapped Mary Bowles from a Tulsa shopping mall.

They drove her to an isolated dirt pit near Owasso and shot her.

Hanson was being held in a Louisiana federal prison serving a separate life sentence for bank robbery.

On March 2, he was returned to Oklahoma.

US Attorney General Pam Bondi allowed the transfer after it had previously been denied by the Biden administration.

Attorney general gentner drummond said in a statement,

"The monster who abducted and murdered a 77-year-old woman more than 25 years ago is finally set to pay for his crime," Oklahoma Attorney General Gentner Drummond said in a written statement, "The family of Mary Bowles has waited many agonizing years for George John Hanson to be brought to justice, and on June 12, that day finally will come."

Hanson's accomplice, Victor Miller, is serving a life sentence for killing another man who witnessed the crime.

Originally published on , part of the .

Locations